Friday, June 19, 2009

Daddy's dates


In my un-ending list of why I love Dave so much is that he is an incredible father. One of the cool things that he does to make sure that he spends quality time with each one of the kids is that he rotates through them, taking each one on a date on a weekend night each month. The past few weeks he took Hayden ice skating, Anamarie to the movies, and this afternoon he took Alex on an hour-long ride on the Coaster train to Solana beach, had dinner at Pizza Port, and came back on the train. Alex had SO much fun on the train I'm sure he'll be talking about it for a long time! We love you Dave!

Alex can't hold his rootbeer... :)

3 comments:

grammie said...

What a great Dad to my grandchildren! The kids will always remember those special times.

Heather said...

How fun! Bart has talked about doing that before - he needs to get on it! I am sure that Alex loved that!

Kevin and Emily said...

What an awesome Dad. I still have memories of Daddy dates with my Dad, so I am sure you kids will always remember these special times.