We have 2 weeks of summer left and are busy cramming everything in! Last week, the kids had a lemonade stand--with FRESH :) Country Time lemonade!! They charged 25 cents a cup, and made $28.00!! (They got a LOT of tips.) The girls roped our neighbor, Zoey, in to help them and the kids all yelled at cars as they drove by, "It's just 25 cents! It's just 25 cents!"
Alex and his best friend, Lily, just finished their month of swimming lessons. Both of them were pretty afraid of the water at the beginning and are both pretty strong-willed little kids--but their teacher Lindsay did a great job and they ended up putting their heads under the water and swimming to the side of the pool by the end of the session!
On Saturday we're leaving for our summer vacation--a week long stay at a beach house. I'm SO excited and am actually thinking of conveniently leaving my cell phone at home so I wont have to answer any SmallTalk calls. (Just trying to pretend like we're in Hawaii when we're really only 30 minutes away from home) I'm busy trying to find a good book to bring with me--any suggestions?
I just realized that I've been tagged (a week later, sorry Kelsie) so, here are my answers:
my 3 joys:
smell of clean laundry
Golden Spoon--half chocolate, half pistachio with granola
Carmen's smile
my 3 fears:
that I die and Dave has to raise the kids alone
that Dave dies and I have to raise the kids alone
that I'll never find a new therapist for SmallTalk
my 3 current obsessions:
mint 'n chip ice cream
trying to fit into my jeans
getting Carmen to find her thumb
my 3 surprising facts:
can make water gurgling sounds with my stomach
was a LA Laker cheerleader for 1 day
am an Obama mama (not surprising, though)
I tag:
Kristin Doyle
Heather Sadleir
Sarah Jerome
Chelsey Christensen
Jaime Grant
The rules are: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 surprising facts and then tag 5 other people. Leave a comment for the people you've tag so they know they have been tagged.



5 comments:
Those pics of the lemonade stand are precious! So cute! I wish I would have known-I totally needed a refreshing cup of lemonade that day! ha!!
a tag? how fun! but i can never seem to think of anything fantastic to say. oh well.
p.s. your golden spoon combo sounds delicious. we need to go together. you are the fro-yo queen.
Your girls scored with the Lemonade stand! I would pimp them out more often!:0)
Tag Shmag - but I'll do it anyway!
The beach pictures also are so cute - I love the one of the 3 kids with their boogie boards - aren't you sad that Summer is almost over?
See you tomorrow!
Great Pictures Jen. We have had a multitude of lemonade stands! I can't even tell you how many signs I have made. Alyssa still is having them! Such fun!
I would like to hear this LA Laker story.....
-Kim
Post a Comment