Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Turkey pee?






I've included some pictures of the past week: my parents and the babies (all born between March and July of 2008), the babies TRYING to stay still for a group shot, the boy cousins, another picture of Alex wtih narcolepsy (he REFUSES to take a nap but I knew he was exhausted after Thanksgiving weekend so I sent him to his room for quiet time. About 10 minutes later, I went up to check on him and this is what I found), and our little kiddos posing for a group shot in our family room.

But, my big question of the day is WHO was in my house and who taught Alex that dead, cooked turkeys pee? I guess I must have been upstairs when the subject began with Alex. So, the first I heard of it was today when Alex was telling me that at preschool he ate the cookie in his lunch and not his sandwich. When I asked why he didn't eat his sandwich, he said "it not jelly, mom". (Yea, I know, but he has a peanut-free classroom and his only option is meat sandwiches. This week it was turkey sandwich meat). He followed that with "the turkey is sticky. it has pee in it." I was completely confused, and kept asking what he meant... finally he said, "last day, mom, the turkey... it go pee in the sink".

I asked Dave about it, and he just laughed and said it was Lori (my sister) and my Dad's fault, that they told him that the turkey juice/marinade stuff was pee as my dad cut a little hole into the pan to let the juices drain into the sink after he took the turkey out of the oven. So, fess up, people. Because I don't think Alex will ever eat turkey again.

BTW- an overdue shout out to my brother-in-law, Chris, who is truely the wind beneath my wings and helped me more than my own husband with Thanksgiving. (I can say that because Dave never reads this blog) :)-

8 comments:

Heather said...

Alex is so funny - he has been turkey traumatized for sure!

girl - you need to make a post on your gorgeous interior of your home - I Love it!! So pretty!

Lori said...

OK, Dad cut a hole in the aluminum roasting pan to drain the turkey juice to make gravy. While the thin yellowish fluid was flowing out of the pan into a bowl in the sink I said "Hayden, what does this look like?" She said "The turkey's peeing." Anna checked it out, but didn't say anything, and Alex didn't want to have anything to do with it. I hope it didn't traumatize him so much that he is now a vegetarian.

Princess Sarah said...

HAH! Cute stories-Jen! Dave--you are so busted-you slacker!! HEHEH! Ooooh and I cannot wait to see you home decor! YEAH!!

Kristin said...

lovely, it might be tofurkey next year for sure. I am so glad no one told me turkeys pee when they are roasted, I never would have had gravy on my potatoes.

Blacks said...

Wasn't us... but we did have so much fun seeing you all!

Kevin and Emily said...

I love the pictures. Hopefully Alex will be willing to eat turkey again by next Thanksgiving.(= Miss you guys!

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Haha ya that was my mom...it was very funny at the moment:)
-Kelsie