Ever since she was born, she and Dave have gone on walks during church-- first he pushed her in her stroller and she fell asleep in her carseat. Now she's such a big girl that she walks alongside him, holding his hand. During third hour of church while I'm in Young Womens, Dave and Carmen go to their "spot"-- I don't know exactly where it is, but I know that Dave carved their initials in a tree there a few months back. (Cute, huh? Vandalism, but I'm not sure it's exactly on church property so does that make it okay?) I know he's dreading December, when she starts going to nursery and he has to start going to Elders Quorum. It's such a precious relationship for both of them. I thought this photo that Dave took during their walk on Sunday was too cute I had to share it.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Daddy's girl
Carmen LOVES Dave. I like to think that she likes me, too, but I know she's a Daddy's girl. They have their own language, as he speaks just to her only in Espanol. He plays rough with her (swinging her on the bed and tickling her). As soon as Carmen hears his voice when he gets home from work, she runs to him with her arms stretched out to the side, ready for a big hug. Carmen especially loves going on walks with him during church. She loves to be outside and to point at birds, say "ah puh" for airplanes, and to walk on the edge of curbs in the parking lot.
Ever since she was born, she and Dave have gone on walks during church-- first he pushed her in her stroller and she fell asleep in her carseat. Now she's such a big girl that she walks alongside him, holding his hand. During third hour of church while I'm in Young Womens, Dave and Carmen go to their "spot"-- I don't know exactly where it is, but I know that Dave carved their initials in a tree there a few months back. (Cute, huh? Vandalism, but I'm not sure it's exactly on church property so does that make it okay?) I know he's dreading December, when she starts going to nursery and he has to start going to Elders Quorum. It's such a precious relationship for both of them. I thought this photo that Dave took during their walk on Sunday was too cute I had to share it.
Ever since she was born, she and Dave have gone on walks during church-- first he pushed her in her stroller and she fell asleep in her carseat. Now she's such a big girl that she walks alongside him, holding his hand. During third hour of church while I'm in Young Womens, Dave and Carmen go to their "spot"-- I don't know exactly where it is, but I know that Dave carved their initials in a tree there a few months back. (Cute, huh? Vandalism, but I'm not sure it's exactly on church property so does that make it okay?) I know he's dreading December, when she starts going to nursery and he has to start going to Elders Quorum. It's such a precious relationship for both of them. I thought this photo that Dave took during their walk on Sunday was too cute I had to share it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I can not handle how cute that is - I am sure he is looking at the camera and she is so lovingly looking at him. I know where their spot is outside of church - I pass them with the little Sunbeams. Looks like Dave is going to need a fifth one to keep him away from Elder's quorum.
HA HA! Very cute story Jen! Love the picture too! So adorable! :0)
That daddy/daughter bond is truly special. What a cute picture and Carmen is getting so big!
That picture is SOOOO cute! :) I miss little Carmencita and Hayden, Ana and Alex. And you and Dave too! haha, I will be home for Thanksgiving and am so so excited to see everyone! How is school going for them all? I hope everyone is doing great!
What a good Daddy!
Post a Comment