Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer 2010 recap!

We've been so busy playing this summer, I've neglected to share our fun memories online! So, here goes: a look back at our summer so far.


Our trip to Lake Powell was a sun drenched water vacation. We loved boating everyday and had so much fun on our first houseboat vacation! Thanks Curt and Gayle! We had SO much fun! So... in no particular order, my favorite pics:

Dave had fun taking little trips with the windsurfer or kayaks with the kids around the cove we stayed.



Carmen started experimenting with smiling/making faces for the camera during this trip. Her pics are hilarious and not incredibly flattering... a stage I hope?!


Too busy to come in for her nap each day, she often fell asleep on the boat. Too cute.

Carmen and her "boat". This is the picture that now, 1 month later, she asks to look at over and over again.


Dave took this pro-worthy pic of Curt one morning...


Banana loved hanging out with her cousins and the other "older girls" during the trip. She also learned the fine art of sunbathing and doing absolutely nothing all day. She loved it!


Serious look of concentration on my face-- trying to get air :)


One of my better falls, as I tried to learn a new trick on my wakeboard-- to switch feet...didn't go over so well, though!


Disco night!





Alex became a master dealer, and learned cool card games on the trip like Poker, BS, Mafia, Whats on your Undies (? I think that's the name?), and other games inappropriate for a 5 year old!! :)-


Hayden was completely in her element in this trip-- in the water, doing sports (wakeboarding, tubing, swimming, cliff jumping) all week long.



My hot hubby.


Anamarie did great at her dance recital-- learned to shake her hips from yours truely. :)

And for those of you who missed it...


Then, we spent a week with my side of the family's reunion beach camping in Carpenteria (near Santa Barbara).
Here are a few beach pics:





I'm hoping this makes your Christmas card this year-- I always knew you guys wanted another kid.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi31XNrWBSyl7PLAZgML2AhpJ_hClEYWtFvjtJCPpjM18RJdE1xAU43tRZZIOn4HLe6Mr6-K-4zaZnzo98bH15WGHrNMKKqC4jCAyc0z6PUDG2XrKDjb2fVeYHHY7_LsfRUX7pqLQHXnLeY/s1600/DSC_0272.JPG">





We took some good family pics of the Merkely's, Oberenders, Willardson's (without Carme), and Emily + kids, plus funny pics of David B. learning to skimboard.... let me know if you want them and I'll email.

Hmmm... what else? Alex got a raunchy black eye (Anamarie and Alex were rough-housing in the hot tub and Ana hit his head/eye against the side). I did the butterfly bandage... didn't want to go to urgent care twice in a month for stitches!


We've had a bunch of beach days


Carmen has learned that looking in the mirror is fun... the entire merry go round ride! Too cute!


This week (for me) is the craziest yet. I'm running a summer camp with 23 kids-- most on the autism spectrum. I'm sunburned and exhausted... but already planning for next year. Insane! Trying to get these kiddos together for a photo was comical-- some refused to sit nearby, others wanted to jump in front of the camera, others cried... but I had to document my time somehow!


Two more weeks of fun to go! I LOVE summer :)

7 comments:

Princess Sarah said...

Wow looks like you have been super busy and "super MOM!!" I love lake powell--my family was there the second week in July-Im jealous.
I miss you guys! XOXO

Heather said...

Fun Summer memories with the Trainas! Don't you wish that it would never end?

grammie said...

great pictures--I would like a copy of the family group--what beautiful picture--nice looking people too!

Lori said...

Love it! Please e-mail me Oberender and group family pictures--thanks!!!

Kevin and Emily said...

Great pictures. Looks like it was one fun, busy summer. We had so much fun seeing you guys. Hopefully next time we will have Kevin with us and Makaylee can be her happy little self.(= I would love any pictures you have of us sent to my email. Thanks Jen!

Brian & Carina Schimpf said...

ah jen i totally thought i got food poisoning thursday night but now brian has it too so i thought maybe it was some of what carmen had when i was over wednesday. i guess it is! hope everyone is feeling better! i had it really bad! ...i'm guessing its just a 24 hour flu?

Kristin said...

Looks like a really great summer, nice recap can you come to my blog and recap mine...? I think I have Hayden on our family blessing shot with Connor and Easton, must run in the family, oh and I'll take her anytime.