Sunday, August 28, 2011

6 month wrap up

Wow. The past six months have been amazingly fun! I've been way too busy playing to post anything until now... but here are some of my favorite pics and fun activities we've done from March through August!

Anamarie was baptized on March 12 with two of her friends from church, Ty and Bailey.


Her three BFFs from school came to support and watch. :)


Family trip to Palm Springs for spring break




crazy Hayden... no further explanation


day trip to Julian




beach trip-- down the cliffs at Del Mar 8th street


Alex at his end of the season Little League party


Yea! A new In-N-Out opened just down the street from us. Love it.


Carmen lookin cute


Posing at the Poway Train Park


Our ward YW took family pictures as their camp fundraiser this year. Here's ours:


Alex's kindergarten fieldtrip to Coronado


We took the train to Solana Beach with friends-- Chelsey captured this sweet pic of Carmen


We LOVED our little weekend trip to Puerto Nuevo! Can't wait to go back...










Anamarie's dance recital-- this was my favorite of her two costumes. I want to see if it comes in my size!



We were so lucky to be able to stay at the cabin in North Carolina for two whole weeks! We LOVED our time on the boat and hanging with family-- we came back completely waterlogged!




















While we were in North Carolina, our kitchen/family room projects were finished (well, mostly).





The big kids spent a week at Mission Bay at a water camp-- learning to paddle board, sail, kayak, go on a catamaran, and boogie board. They loved every minute!






We took Hayden and one of her friends, Carson, with us to Knotts Berry Farm. I'm SO glad that we have daredevil kids!! Dave and I took turns with Carmen and the other went on the fast, upside down rides with everyone else. Good times!




Carmen has gone through the most changes over the past few months-- stopping her naps, preferring to sleep on the floor than in a bed, falling asleep in the car or bike rides (!), and starting preschool last week. Since starting preschool, she has been overtired and very naughty (pouring fingernail polish on the carpet kind of naughty) but we're crossing our fingers that it's just a phase and things will be better this week!


What a big kid! First day of preschool:

Driving home from the first day of preschool...


Last but not least, I had a really fun work party yesterday where we went to a circus type place where we learned how to trapeze! It was REALLY scary, but a ton of fun! By the end of the party, we were swinging by our knees on the trapeze and letting go of the bar-- only to grab on and be swung by a trazpeze carnie guy. I have huge random bruises on the back of my knees today... and awesome pics to prove to my kids that their mom is cool. :)



2 comments:

Heather said...

Man girl - You really did some catching up posts! Soo fun to see all of the pictures and I still can't get over how amazing your kitchen and whole downstairs looks! It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for finally updating!! I love seeing what the kids are up to. I still can't believe how fast they are growing up!