We've had a pretty spontaneous weekend- planning nothing because we assumed the baby would be here by now, we've just taken off and gone on field trips with the kids at the spur of the moment (heading to the beach, riding the trolley to Old Town, etc.) with the kids. Here are some pictures of our incredibly fun afternoon with the kids at the beach yesterday. Hayden and Ana "booty boarded" for awhile before they got brave enough in the cold water to actually go boogie boarding--which they did completely unassisted and like native San Diegans (so proud!). Alex skipped through the waves, while pulling his boogie board around like a dog on a leash--he tumbled in the deep water and got knocked over by some big teenagers but for the most part was super brave and SUCH a big boy in the water. Dave went surfing for awhile and took a few tumbles of his own in the "medium-high waves" (he's really excited to go beach camping with Tyler this summer and get some more extensive practice...). I loved hanging out on my beach chair and hanging out in the water with Alex while most likely giving the lifeguards a heart attack that they'd be delivering a baby any minute (I really look like I'm going to pop)!! Then, home for take-out pizza and ice cream popsicles in the back yard. What a fun day.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Beach day!
We've had a pretty spontaneous weekend- planning nothing because we assumed the baby would be here by now, we've just taken off and gone on field trips with the kids at the spur of the moment (heading to the beach, riding the trolley to Old Town, etc.) with the kids. Here are some pictures of our incredibly fun afternoon with the kids at the beach yesterday. Hayden and Ana "booty boarded" for awhile before they got brave enough in the cold water to actually go boogie boarding--which they did completely unassisted and like native San Diegans (so proud!). Alex skipped through the waves, while pulling his boogie board around like a dog on a leash--he tumbled in the deep water and got knocked over by some big teenagers but for the most part was super brave and SUCH a big boy in the water. Dave went surfing for awhile and took a few tumbles of his own in the "medium-high waves" (he's really excited to go beach camping with Tyler this summer and get some more extensive practice...). I loved hanging out on my beach chair and hanging out in the water with Alex while most likely giving the lifeguards a heart attack that they'd be delivering a baby any minute (I really look like I'm going to pop)!! Then, home for take-out pizza and ice cream popsicles in the back yard. What a fun day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sounds like a perfect day in beautiful San Diego. Can't wait for Traina #4 to come and to see you all at beach camping this summer.
Looks like fun!! I cannot believe you are still PG! AGHH!!
So, I will be around for the next two weeks/weekends--I will help with anything! :)
Jen- I know that you think you are big but I got much bigger with the twins and Tilly. Mitch has pictures of me near the end of Tilly's pregnancy that I can't look at without gettign teary.
Post a Comment