Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day Back

Today was the first day back to school! The kids were so super excited to be decked out with new clothes, backpacks, and school supplies!


Carmen wanted so badly to be in the picture too. Isn't she the most adorable thing ever?!?


Alex started kindergarten today! He's such a big kid now. Just a few tears from me (that I hid from him) and he transitioned perfectly into the classroom. Phew! Dave walked the kids to and from school today with me and we started a new tradition of coming home to freshly-baked warm cookies as an after-school treat the first day back.



I got to spend the day just with Carmen, which was the best. Her new quote: "You pay me mom?" ("will you play with me, mom?") My response: Absolutely!

3 comments:

Katherine Shupe said...

Yes....Carmen is the cutest thing ever...but of course the others come in at a very close 2nd! I think next year I'll remember to come over for some warm baked cookies.

Princess Sarah said...

I agree! Carmen is soooo cute-I love that picture!

Heather said...

Why is Carmen the cutest little bug EVER?? and baked cookies? I want some of that dough!