Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summertime!





Anamarie was SO brave this past week! She got 3 shots for kindergarten and, for the first time since she has had control of her extremities, did not kick the doctor or nurse! I made Dave take her, because I'm beyond tired of apologizing for her insane fear of doctors (she really has kicked the doctor on multiple occasions). Dave did an amazing job of distracting her and building her confidence so she hardly even flinched when the shots finally happened. I was in the waiting room and didn't hear a cry or scream! We love our new pediatrician Dr. Gabhart!!
This week Ana graduated from preschool, Hayden graduated from first grade, and Alex graduated from the 3 year old preschool class to the 4 year old preschool class. All three started summer day camp at the YMCA this week. Despite feeling like a complete taxi driver and missing them all on occasion, it was very nice to not have to feel like I need to entertain them, while trying to satisfy Carmem. Phew! Camps continue for the next two weeks...
Carmen's one month birthday was on Saturday. Already we can't imagine life before her (not sure if that's because we don't have energy to imagine anymore or...). Despite some tummy issues and random fussiness, she remains a calm, peaceful little girl. I read somewhere that now that she is 1 month old, she is not considered a "newborn" anymore. Now she's an "infant". How sad! This picture of her has some funky lighting, but you can see her BLUE eyes. (So, the 3 girls have Dave's blue eyes and Alex and I are the only greenies!)
Also this week, Dave, Chelsey and I went to the George Michael concert. What a fun, crazy mix of people--and an awesome concert! I kinda tagged along with Dave and Chelsey (I guess I forgot how much I loved Wham!). I put a song on the blog this week in memory. Thanks so much to my friend Sarah for hanging with Carmen and my niece for babysitting the other 3 so that we could go and rock like it's 1984! :)
Lastly, I'm putting on the video footage of the Mexico/Argentina football game we went to a few weeks back. It's just silly to see the insane patriotism there--with the Mexican national anthem first, crazy random people dressed up and milling around, the fans' reaction to Mexico's one goal, and the last part (in the dark) is in the stadium WAY after the game was over and Mexico lost 4-1...those Mexicans are still partying! I can't imagine what they would be like if they had won!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Jen - What a busy fun week for you guys! I can't believe George Micheal - he is the BEST!! I used to blare him in the car back in high school and college. Anna is officially with Bailey and hitting the Kindergarten scene! Crazy!