
Hayden woke me up this morning with breakfast in bed-- frosted mini wheats! :) I was reveling in the fact that it was Mothers Day and all the things I wanted to do today and was so grateful that she was going downstairs to get Carmen for me. About 30 seconds later, Hayden yelled, "MOM! CARMEN PUKED!" And so started my Mothers Day. But before you start feeling bad for me at all, I loved every minute of it. I know all too well that Carmen will grow up way too fast and the days when she's sick and attached to my hip all day long and napping next to her will be gone soon. So thanks, little baby!! (And thanks for not puking again the rest of the day. Here's hoping for tomorrow!)
Little sick Carmen reminded me of a random memory of those little koala bear clips that I used to wear to school WAY past the age of when my mom should have stepped in and told me they weren't cool anymore (I'm thinking third grade?). I'm NOT knocking my mom for not being a fashionista, and I know it was the 80's but-- really?!? Anyone else have a koala clip? As I learned at the zoo with Anamarie's kindergarten class this past week, koalas aren't bears, they're marsupials. :)
Since I wasn't at church, Dave took a quick pic of the kids singing during sacrament meeting. I guess noone even brushed Alex's hair. Dang. Mother of the year, I tell ya!

Hope you all had a Happy Mothers Day!



2 comments:
You've got it right girly - hold that little Carmen because before you know it she won't be koala bear clinging anymore!
Wow--I TOTALLY forgot about koala clips! How are they not back in style? The options were endless--backpack, shirt, jacket, pencil...plus they were fuzzy. :)
And now I'm kinda sad that my littlest guy is emerging from clingon stage. It's strange having your last baby hitting stages for your last time--sad and fabulous at the same time! I try to remind myself to enjoy it even though a huge part of me is ready to get on with it--it's crazy having tweens (Brayden would kill me to be called that) and toddlers at the same time--didn't plan that too well, did I?
Post a Comment